Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Matt's Farewell

Matt's Farewell was such a wonderful day. I was so excited for Matt that I couldn't even be emotional. I was nervous for him but excited. It was September 15th 2013. Our meeting started at 11:00. We actually got there a little early and many people we knew and love were already there. It was so fun to see all the people come to support Matt. We sat in the chapel and they had chairs set up like usual in the gym. 5-7 rows of chairs. By the time the meeting started the chairs were gone and they set up more and went to classrooms to find more. Our neighbor is the ward clerk and he said we had about 150 more people in attendance that day than usual. All of Matt's football coaches came. People who used to be in the ward but have since moved away were there. Family and Friends. Such Great friends!  So much love for him.   Matt spoke first and did a Fabulous job!! I just wanted to sit and soak up his spirit. I held it together very well till we sang "Called to Serve" at the close. It's been a couple years since I sang that song without tears and I expect it to be many more before I ever do again.  So many people to talk to afterward and I'm sure so many we missed. Then Lots of people came to the house to visit and eat. It was wonderful! The day was warm with a threat of  rain. So we were able to eat outside and the kids ran and played some football.  We figured about 130-150 people came over it was so great to talk and visit and share. So many Great friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment