Saturday, October 12, 2013

Before the Call

So in all my excitement to get this blog up and running I neglected to post about right before Matt's call came and his Farewell. So I will break it up in to two posts.
Matt submitted his papers on Sunday night, June 16th. It was Father's day. President Foster said it was taking about 2 1/2 -3 weeks to get calls back. We had a packed couple of weeks planned. We left late at night Thursday the 20th for Seattle with the 3 oldest. Matt drove to Grammy Call's with me that morning and she watched Nate, Paxten, and Keasa while we were gone. Couldn't have done it with out her.  It was better than I ever could have imagined. Shane and I had so much fun watching those 3 interact and be brothers. I'm so glad we made that happen and wouldn't trade those 4 crazy packed days for anything!
 This was right in front of Pikes Place. (They had all just gotten new Oakleys and wanted to show them off.) This was Matt's favorite place. I think we went there 3 times in 3 days. We seen all the levels and all the shops.
 This was at the top of the Space Needle. We bought the city pass so we went up in the day and at night. Oh how I Love these boys!!
This was in front of the Gum Wall. It was under Pikes Place. Gross but cool.
 We came home at like 4 am on the 25th and the boys left for Encampment at 8am. I left to get Nate and the kids that afternoon. On the 27th I got the mail and there was Matt's call. As I pulled the envelope out I thought to myself "his call will come in an envelope like this."  I had no Idea that's what it was. As I looked at it I knew I was holding sacred paper. I cried and called Shane. Not 10 min had gone by and Matt called. I couldn't believe it. He wasn't supposed to use his phone at Encampment and what was I going to say? I think it went something like this- M- Hey. Me- Hey whats up? M- hmmm is my call there? Me- what?  Aaaahhh How did you know? I just barely pulled it out of the mailbox. M-hmmm ok Pres. Foster just talked to me and said it left Salt Lake Sunday.  (WOW a week to issue and send his call. Heavenly Father totally knew where he was going. He just needed Matt to be ready.) Me- ok so when so you want to open it? Matt- well I have to work Saturday and won't be home till Sunday Morning, so how about Sunday evening? Me- yep I think that works best. Are you scared? M- a little. Me- ok see ya soon Love you. M- Love you too.

I wouldn't have traded that time before we opened his call for anything in the World!! It was the perfect place as a Mom. I knew in that instance everything was perfect, He was worthy and about to be a preparing full time Missionary for the Lord. But my world hadn't changed yet, I knew the moment he opened that call Everything would change. I loved the Lull!

No comments:

Post a Comment